Background

Etsy

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Sick Girl


Last week on Tuesday night we put Addie down at 7pm...we normally try to put her down at 8 but she was so tired. She woke up at 8:30 right when Daniel and I had finally finished making dinner. She was crying and I could tell something was wrong. I felt her head and she felt so warm:( I changed her diaper checked her temp and it was 100. I felt so bad for her. I snuggled with her on the sofa for a while and she started shaking (getting chills)...but when I saw this I was so scared. Later that night her fever reached 102. She was so still and would just stare at me. She only wanted to be held. I had to work the next morning so mom came to the house to watch her. I made her an appointment for that afternoon and took her to the doctor. We found out she had an ear infection in both ears. :( It is so strange because she didn't have any drainage until the day we went to the doctor. I felt so bad because the week before she would touch her ears...but she only did this when she was sleepy and she never was whiney. We got a prescription for an antibiotic and have given her Tylenol when we can tell her ears are bugging her.


Although she has been sick Adelyn has been so wonderful. Other than that first night you really can't even tell she is sick. I can't wait until she feels 100% again. We are so thankful that mom is able to watch her when I am at work...especially on days like that when she doesn't feel her best.
This week Grandma (Daniel's mom) is coming to watch her when I work and we are so excited!

No comments: