Background

Etsy

Friday, September 4, 2009

What did you say to me?

So over the past couple of months I have had an abundance of random comments from strangers about my being pregnant. When you are pregnant everyone feels the need to comment on the fact that you are pregnant. There are the usual comments like "How far along are you?", which really don't seem to bother me. It makes me smile and I politely respond. There are other comments (reason for this post) that have made me later break out into laughter or frustration and wonder what the person was thinking. So I thought you may get a kick out of some of the comments... I will add and update as I remember more or better yet receive more comments.

1) "Wow you look like you're about to pop". hmm. creative... I should note this comment was when I was just really starting to show... comforting huh. I was thinking hey don't say that I have 3 months to go.

2) As an sweet older lady walked into the clinic where I work the other day, I stood up to walk towards her and greet her as I said "How may I help you?". She looked down at my belly and stopped mid sentence and said "You're going to have a baby, how can I help YOU?" haha, I said... "oh I am just fine. Thanks."

3) This past week the common comment has been (before they say anything else to me) "Well at least the weather has cooled down for you". This is very true. It's just funny that everyone feels sympathy for you.

4) From a man that came into our clinic... "There is just something beautiful about a pregnant woman." creeper haha

5) Another creepy comment from a man that was in our clinic... "I am not trying to hit on you, I just wanted to tell you that there is something about a pregnant woman's eyes... I can tell by looking at your eyes if you are having a boy or girl. You are having a girl right?" hahha WHAT? I said. "Yes, actually, wow that's interesting, well have a good night."

6) "When are you due?" I responded, "next month". "Wow you DO NOT look like you are due next month." LOVE those encouraging comments. Maybe we won't have a 10lb. + baby like Daniel. :)

That's it for now... when people ask if I am pregnant or how far along I am, I am still tempted to say (just for fun) "0h I am not pregnant". Wonder what they would say... haha.

4 comments:

Kara Wright said...

I'm afraid of what I would say to those people who made rude comments. I tend to speak too much of my mind sometimes! LOL!

Katie Carruth said...

haha hilarious, love it. thanks for sharing :) and i love the new blog, it's so cute!

The Vernon's said...

That was cute! I totally sympathize with all of those... just wait til the very end, the comments get weirder!

And 10 lb babies aren't SO bad ;o) Mine turned out pretty beautiful! She's just super long and skinny!

I can't wait to meet Adelyn! She's going to be gorgeous, just like Mommy!

Tammy said...

Hey I am Kara's SIL Tammy and I just happened to click on you blog. I love this post because girl I so got all those comments and some that made me want to cry. I just wanted to tell you I looked at your most recent pic at around 34 weeks and you look awesome. I would never guess you were that far along. Good luck and try to keep a smile on your face even when you want to punch them...lol. Tammy