Background

Etsy

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Daniel's Bday, Love him, Parenting and Haircut!

We celebrated Daniel's B~day on Sunday. He turned 26! We woke up and went to Panera for breakfast with our friends Seth, Anna and little 5 week old Everett. Then to visit at the Summit for church. We then headed to lunch with Mom, Dad, Granny & Caleb and Kelli. We ate at The Point in Five Points. Daniel loves this place for brunch. From there we went to the Golfsmith. Daniel's bday gift from me was a gift card from there so he could buy a new putter that he has been wanting. We headed home for a nap and then to dinner at Tobacco Road on Glenwood Ave. Great place!! The food there was really good with fresh local ingredients. David, Austin and Nia joined us back at our house for cake and ice cream. It was a full day but we had lots of fun celebrating Daniel's birthday.


Can I just take this moment to say that Daniel is great. I really don't know what I would do without him. The Lord truly blessed me with what I didn't/don't deserve. He is always so strong for me when I need him to be strong. He has a more quiet spirit but so wise at the same time. When I need him to look me in the eyes and tell me that everything will be ok during this anxious time of my life...he does with such purity and encouragement. He always reminds me no matter what we are going through that we are in it together and that we need to rely on the Lord because we simply can't do it on our own.


We just started reading "Sacred Parenting" by Gary Thomas...
"The process of parenting is one of the most spiritually formative journeys a man and a woman can ever undertake. Unless we are stone-cold spiritually- virtually spiritual corpses- the journey of caring for, raising, training, and loving children will mark us indelibly and powerfully. We cannot be the same people we once were; we will be forever changed, eternally altered. Spiritually speaking, we need to raise children every bit as much as they need us to raise them. "


I got a haircut last week. It was time to cut the long hair...or was it... my pregnancy emotions can't decide. Haha.... oh well... it's just hair. Here is a picture of Daniel's bday night.

1 comment: