Background

Etsy

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Adelyn Leading Me in Prayer


I attended Whole Women Day at Providence last week and one of the seminars I attended was called "Cultivating a Child's Heart". It meant so much to me that I was teary eyed through most of the seminar. One of the things I learned was that it was very important for Adelyn to see that Mommy needs time with the Lord and also to let her pray with me and be included in an active prayer life. That way she can learn more about the Lord and see the result of prayer. We have always prayed with Adelyn before she went to bed but that week I started getting on the floor with her on my knees and showed her 1 time how to fold her hands and close her eyes. We prayed and she said "Amen" and she said "Gan" (Again). She now LOVES praying.

Many times this week as we are getting ready for bed at night or nap time she will get on her knees in the middle of the floor, fold her hands and look up at me or Daniel and say "Pray". There is absolutely nothing sweeter.

I wish I had a picture of her in this beautiful stance because it is beautiful.

1 comment:

jessica.elizabeth said...

i LOVE this! i have been praying for her love for the Lord :) it's so cool to see how God is answering this prayer! (and i'm sure it's the prayer of many others!) praying for y'all, too. love you!