Background

Etsy

Monday, November 9, 2009

Daniel as a Daddy

We are at the 2 week mark today! We made it through what I hear can be the most difficult time with a new born. I feel like she is slowing adjusting to this great big world she is now living in. I wanted to basically brag on my husband for a minute.

When we found out we were pregnant, I knew Daniel would be a great Dad... and throughout the pregnancy this was confirmed more and more by the way he would talk to her in my belly and the way he took care of me... now that little Adelyn is here, I have been blown away at how wonderful Daniel has been. As anyone would expect his face lights up when he sees her... but Daniel cares for Adelyn like he has known her all along. He has not really had any experience with newborns/babies in the past... well you wouldn't know that when you see him with her. He isn't afraid to jump right in and change her diaper or try to calm her when she is crying. And Adelyn's love for him is just the same. She LOVES when he holds her and talks to her. She stares at his face as if she knows the strength he has and that he will protect her. Many people have mentioned (even us) how it must be kinda hard for Daniel (any new dad) cause there isn't really much that he can do for her right now... since Mom has the milk... daddy's touch can only go so far :) But the last time that conversation was brought up... I couldn't help but think that Daniel's huge purpose right now has been supporting me (as I care for Adelyn). The past two weeks have been the most challenging... just adjusting to a newborn being in our family, the hormones, the emotions, the love we have for her, sleep loss and trying to make her as happy as we can. With that said, I could not have made it through labor and these two weeks with out him. In one of the lunches I made him last week when he went to work I wrote him a little note and told him that he truly has been my "hero" through this. Any of you that know Daniel know that he has a quiet strength and doesn't ever really get worked up. Well this has been a huge blessing. He prays over me, he holds me, he gets in my face very often and tells me how proud he is of me and how in love he is with me. All of this to say... I am so thankful for him. I get super excited whenever he comes home for lunch and even more when he gets off work. (I mean really when he came in the door for lunch today, I literally ran and jumped up on him...haha.) I am so in love with him. It is so amazing to see the Lord's hand in our relationship and to know that He is already working in our little family.

2 comments:

Kara Wright said...

This is so sweet Lauren!!!!

Katie Carruth said...

awww that is so precious, way to make me cry lauren(although that's not hard to do) i loved reading this. praise the Lord for providing such an awesome husband/father for you/adelyn!