Background

Etsy

Thursday, June 4, 2009

James 1:17


17Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.
This is the day Daniel and I found out we were having a little girl. The ultrasound tech began the ultrasound, and as soon as our little girl was in view, she was on top of her head with her body curled over on top of her. She must like that position because by the time she moved around some and we were done with the ultrasound she was back in that same position. I am guessing she will be a gymnist. Ha... She was beautiful. As you can see from the pictures below we got a great profile shot. I look at that picture all of the time. The tech was able to get great views of her heart, she wouldn't cooperate at first and we thought we may have to come back, but eventually she was able to see all 4 chambers of her heart and got the measurements they needed of her head and got to see her other vital organs. It was amazing watching her heart work so well. I think Daniel and I were both just in awe of everything. I know Daniel was hoping our first would be a boy... so as soon as we were out of the ultrasound room and waiting to go back to see the doctor, I looked at him and started to cry and asked..."Are you so sad?" He was gleaming from ear to ear and said "NO, not at all... I am excited to have a little Lauren." After that I was fully excited! :) We cannot wait to see our little girl... but before then the Lord is still preparing our hearts, our relationship and well our home for a little one. I feel as though I still have so much to learn about being a wife and homemaker and now here we are about to welcome this baby girl into our family. We couldn't be more excited but also feel the weight of responsibility. We are praying that the Lord continues to grow us as we learn A LOT through this experience.

1 comment:

Kara Wright said...

Lauren, you have nothing to worry about, you'll be a great mom and she's going to be beautiful!