Background

Etsy

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas Fun

 I was determined to make an advent this year instead of buying one. I found the idea online and made some adjustments but I think it turned out really well. Adelyn gets super excited to open her box everyday. My goal was to print out Bible verses to put in each box for us to read as well, but it has not happened yet. As of right now they just have candies in them.



Also... we had a gingerbread contest at work (side note: just found out today that I WON!). It was really fun creating my Christmas Tree Farm. Mom gave me the idea. I used her recipe for Cinnamon Bread Cookies. I baked large and small Christmas trees one day each with their own decorations and then put it together the second day. I already had the lights at home for Christmas decorations so I just stole them and used lollipop sticks for the poles. The snow is just icing with white sugar and white decorations on top. I used a edible pen to write on the signs. The patients and employees at our office were able to vote on them. Funny story: they told me that an older gentlemen came in and asked how much it cost to buy the Christmas Tree Farm. hahaha. I guess because he saw the sign that said "Christmas Trees For Sale". :) So cute.




I removed it from the baking pan of course and wrapped the battery pack with wrapping paper. 

Adelyn did help me with some cookies as well... but those did not make it into the contest :)





2 comments:

Katie Carruth said...

i am so impressed with your creativity! the advent calender and the christmas tree farm are both amazing!

camerondarling said...

hahaha, adelyn is hilarious! I loved her version of jingle bells and also her version of decorating the cookies (especially how all the sprinkles ended up in her mouth)